Friday, March 1, 2013

Hating on the Hathaway



Through most of the article the writer is hating on Anne Hathaway, describing her as "too actorly, and reminds us of the show-tune-belting nightmare we knew in high school, she's polished, successful, and driven, and people still find this distasteful in a woman; plump faces are the vogue and her face is too thin;...I'll add one more: she represents the archetype of the happy girl." In my opinion, the writer is jealous of her success. So she seems happy a lot? She has every right to be a bounding, happy-go-lucky woman. She just won a freaking Oscar!

The writer also points out the fact every other actress we see on the red carpet does their usual one hand on the hip and closed smile pose, while Hathaway has hands on both hips and has a huge smile on her face. The writer finds this annoying. Hathaway is a confident woman. This writer sounds bitter to me. 

Hathaway seems very comfortable with who she is, and she's proud of her success. I have never found her as a too happy and perky kind of woman. She seems like she has it all together and some people can find that very intimidating. I know perky people who I just can't stand, and Hathaway seems like a very tolerable woman.

The article is pure opinion with hardly any facts that aren't already known to the world. When I see opinion pieces I like to see some factual information, so the writer doesn't sound too biased. I believe this writer has a bone to pick with Hathaway. At the end of the article, the writer finally gives her compliment, but I think it was a little too late.

No comments:

Post a Comment